Saturday, April 18, 2009

We are Engaged!!!!!!

Alvin and I had spoken about getting married about three weeks ago. So his search for a ring started. He found one that he really liked and it was a size 4 1/2. There is no way in hell my finger would fit into a size 4 1/2 ring. Thus, he sent it off to get re sized. Last Sunday I got a hint that he was serious about asking. That Sunday (Easter Sunday) Al and I went to Vegas and stayed at the Venitian to see the Blue Man Group (by the way the hotel and show were excellent). After riding the gondola and heading back up to the room he said, "I wish I had the ring, the gondola ride would have been a perfect proposal." I almost crapped my pants. So yesterday, April 17th, I brought home a sub sandwich and was cutting it up in the kitchen. I noticed Al was acting a little weird and was looking at me really googly eyed. So I kept asking him what was up and he kept telling me nothing. We were sitting in our living room watching Happy Gilmore and had just finished eating our dinner. He then hugged me and kissed me ever so tenderly. He looked at me and in a very serious tone said, "Diana, will you marry me?" and he pulled the little black box out of his pocket. I totally teared up and said, "YES!!!" He slipped it on my finger and I couldn't help but smile. After that I got up and went to the back yard to look at it sparkle in the sun. We are both super happy and thinking about getting married sometime next year:)

5 comments:

mamma D said...

congrats!!!!! That is a way pretty ring! I'm so happy for you guys.

The Slack Family said...

Woo Hoo! How exciting! Gorgeous ring, he done good ;) Congrats to you both. I'm thrilled for you.

Scott and Sunny Nielsen said...

I am so happy for you and Alvin! Congratulations! I can't wait to see you this summer!

Anonymous said...

Ms. H!! How are you doing Ms. H? I love your blog and I am so excited for you and Alvin! I love you and I will see you tomorrow at school! :)..happy days!

Kellie, said...

I am so happy for you. I can't wait to count down the days to your wedding like we did mine.